Tuesday 19 November 2019

Lychees with Mascarpone Cream




Fresh lychees are worth it.  The canned ones are just a shadow of the fresh ones.

So if you see these little beauties at your greengrocers, pick up some and give them a go.


They are a bit fiddly to prepare.  First you have to peel off the tough pink outer skin.  Then you have to remove the smooth hard stone in the middle.  I got some right so that they curled back together and looked nice and others fell apart a bit.  But it all tasted nice.


I served them freshly peeled with a dollop of mascarpone cream.  That is equal quantities of mascarpone and double cream just stirred together.  I also put a few basil leaves along with some peel on the plate for a pop of colour.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! This must be an exotic fruit! I would so love to eat what you eat for a week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers