Tuesday 13 August 2019

Poached Chicken Salad


Carole's Chatter: Poached Chicken Salad


This Poached chicken salad had a subtle coconutty flavour that was very pleasant.

I poached chicken thighs in a mixture of white wine, coconut milk and chicken stock.  I put ½ a lemon into the liquid as well as a piece of ginger, a clove of garlic, a bay leaf plus salt and white pepper.

It poached at a gentle simmer for 20 minutes and then I left it to cool.  I reserved the liquid for use as a future stock in a casserole.

Once the chicken had cooled I cut it up into little chunks.

I added the chicken to a salad of lightly cooked potato cubes, corn sliced off the kernel after cooking, capsicum (bell pepper), spring onion (scallion), red onion (sliced finely), chopped Italian parsley, cucumber, a fresh chilli chopped, and finally, tomato.

The salad dressing was a mix of crème fraiche, lemon juice, salt and pepper, crushed garlic (cooked in the poaching liquid at the same time as the chicken), fish sauce and some sweet chilli sauce.

It made up enough for dinner and lunch the next day.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds seriously good! I poached four chicken breast last week and they made three separate menus. Next time I poach them - I'm going to do it the way you did. Bet that smelled delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers