Tuesday 20 August 2019

Chorizo Burger


Carole's Chatter: Chorizo Burger


These Chorizo Burgers were so simple to make, it's ridiculous!  I got the idea for them from Nigel Slater's book Eat.

All you need to make the burger patties is more or less equal quantities of chorizo sausage and pork mince (ground pork).  You take the skins off the chorizo and then just mix it and the pork mince together with a pit of pepper and salt and then form up into patties.  How easy is that!

When you are choosing your chorizo try to get some that are softish rather than salami hard.

Fry your patties gently and then finish them off in a moderate oven.  You could just fry them until they are cooked through but I like to make sure they are cooked right through.

Then just split and butter some burger buns.  Pop some salad leaves onto the bottom (I used baby cos (romaine)).  I also added a thin slice of tomato (which Nigel Slater didn't). 

I didn't heat the buns at all.  These burgers were amazingly tasty given how few ingredients went into them!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very interesting recipe. Glad it turned out so well,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so obvious, I wonder why I didn't think of it before! Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound easy, I like Nigel Slater's recipe quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers