Tuesday 23 July 2019

Cheesy Coconut Potatoes


Carole's Chatter: Cheesy Coconut Potatoes


Here's another low FODMAP effort – it turned out very well – except for the dish being a pain to get clean afterwards.  

To make these Cheesy Coconut Potatoes I simply heated up the oven.  Then I brushed the dish with some garlic infused olive oil and then made some layers of sliced potato.  I seasoned each layer as I went with salt and pepper, ginger and turmeric.

Then I poured some lite coconut milk over the top and sprinkled grated cheese over the top.

I cooked it in a moderate to hot oven.  When it was sufficiently browned I covered it with foil and let the potatoes finish cooking through. 

PS  if you are wondering what Low FODMAP is you might like to Google it.  If you have a well behaved digestive system you don't need to know about it!

3 comments:

  1. Do you think it would work to line your pan with aluminum foil first? Clean up would be quicker but they may stick it the foil too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, brilliant! One of my brothers is eating low FODMAP, so I'll have to share this with him.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers