Sunday 26 May 2019

Simple Egg Curry


Carole's Chatter: Simple Egg Curry


I called this Egg Curry simple because that is what I set out to do but I have to admit I added quite a few extra ingredients along the way.

Ingredients:

4 just hard boiled eggs
Vegetable oil/garlic oil
Curry powder – 1 heaped tsp
Spoonful each of turmeric, mustard seeds & garam masala
Grated fresh ginger
Diced onion
Pepper
Fish sauce
½ can of chopped tomatoes
Splash of cream
1tsp of rice wine vinegar (or lemon juice0

For garnish sliced spring onion tops, fried crispy shallots

Method:

Prepare your eggs – everyone will have their own method.  My latest approach is to use little silicone containers which you crack each egg into and then cook as if they were still in the shell. So boil for 1 minute, leave in the hot water for 10 minutes, let sit out of the water for 5 minutes and then put into cold water in the fridge to stop the cooking process.

Put oils and onion into a pan and fry off for a minute or two.  Add the spices and keep frying till the onion is translucent.

Add the cream and tomato.  Season with peper and fish sauce and add a little acid – vinegar or lemon juice.

Add the eggs and let them get warm in the sauce.

Garnish with the fried shallots and spring onions.  Serve with rice and a lime pickle.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen those silicone cups. Very clever. I love curries of all kinds

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers