Tuesday 19 February 2019

Brown Sauce – simple and delicious


Carole's Chatter: Brown Sauce - simple and delicious


Ingredients

3 American Mustard
3 Tomato Sauce/Ketchup
1 Honey
½ Hot sauce (Tabasco)
1 Worcestershire sauce
1 apple cider vinegar
(the numbers are just to give you the ratio between the ingredients that I used)

Method

It's easy just put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.  My honey was hard so I did melt it a bit in the microwave first. 

It came up a nice smooth brown colour.  And it was piquant.  Perfect with all sorts of things – sausages, chops, steak….

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Carole. I just saved this over to my recipe file. Ibet that is great brushed across a steak!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers