Sunday 20 January 2019

Watermelon Cooler – truly refreshing and not too sweet


Carole's Chatter: Watermelon Cooler – truly refreshing and not too sweet


A year round refresher for you today – Watermelon Cooler

Ingredients:

Watermelon (half)
Water
Ice
Sugar syrup (left over from my poached apricots)
Lemon juice
White rum (entirely optional)
Watermelon spears for garnish

Method:

Cut the rind off the watermelon and cut the flesh up into chunks – I didn't take the seeds out at this stage

Add a little water and blend with a stick blender.  Strain the result so you capture the seeds at this stage.

Add your sugar syrup, lemon juice and rum and blend up along with some ice cubes.  I used about 2 teaspoons only of rum – it was going to be drunk in the afternoon.  More would be fun too.

Serve with a watermelon spear for garnish.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had some of that right now. Looks so refreshing. I am copying the recipe down so I can make me some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling much, much better now. This drink sounds soooooo perfect for summer. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say I like that mason jar mug too

      Delete
  3. Cool idea for a drinking vessel - the honorable Mason jar. Refreshing drink too, I need to wait until it's warmer here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers