Monday 22 October 2018

Tusk by Fleetwood Mac




Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?
Why don't you ask him what's going on?
Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?

Don't say that you love me!
Just tell me that you want me!

Tusk! Tusk! Tusk! Tusk!
Tusk! Tusk! Tusk! Tusk!
Tusk! Tusk! Tusk! Tusk!
Tusk! Tusk! Tusk! Tusk!
Tusk!


There was a summer in the late 70's where the album (remember albums?) Rumours by Fleetwood Mac was on an endless loop in my car.  Tusk was their next album.  Tusk was the only track on that album that caught my imagination.

The video of Tusk featured the University of Southern California's Trojan Marching Band!  A YouTube clip of this can be found here

As you can tell the success of the song does not rely on its lyrics as much as its driving beat. 

PS I didn't use the album cover as the pic because it is so unattractive!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that album. I liked some of their music, but not all of it. I have always loved Stevie Nicks, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers