Sunday 14 October 2018

Cauliflower Steak

Carole's Chatter: Cauliflower Steak


This dish was a first for me.  I have roasted a cauliflower before but have never cooked it like a steak.

Ingredients:

Cauliflower – sliced into steaks
Olive oil/butter
Alfredo pasta sauce
Salt & Pepper
Turmeric
Parsley and crispy shallots (for garnish)

Method:

Put your slices of cauliflower into a hot pan with olive oil and butter and let it sizzle away until it is nice and brown.  Through a combination of impatience and nervousness I never leave mine to fry quite long enough.

If you wanted you could then transfer the cauliflower to the oven to cook through but I decided not to.  I don't mind it al dente.

While your cauliflower steaks are frying heat your Alfredo sauce.  I added turmeric for colour (and it's supposed to be good for you) and seasoned the sauce with salt and pepper.

Serve your steak with the sauce and a garnish of parsley and crispy shallots.  You can get these at the Asian section of the supermarket.

4 comments:

  1. I love cauliflower...its worth a try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, though would probably finish it off in the oven. And perfect with the Alfredo sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slice my cauliflower this way but still roast it rather than cook it in a pan. I'll have to try it this way.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers