Sunday 16 September 2018

Lamb Spare Ribs Chinese Style

Carole's Chatter: Lamb Spare Ribs - Chinese style


I have done Lamb Spare Ribs once before but found them to be a bit fatty.  So I went for a different method this time.  It worked.

Ingredients:

Lamb Spare Ribs
Braising liquid – 6 cups water, 1 cup Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing), 2 tablesp soy sauce, 1 star anise, 2 tablesp sugar, 1 cinnamon quill
1 chilli
½ tsp Sichuan peppercorns
To coat before final frying – Char Sui Sauce, cumin, soy sauce, fish sauce & lemon juice.

Method:

Braise the spare ribs for 1-2 hours in the braising liquid

Take the ribs out and let them cool.

Coat the ribs with the char sui sauce etc (or your favourite glaze).

Fry – in a hot pan – as hot as you dare.

5 comments:

  1. My husband really enjoys lamb and would probably enjoy this recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last lamb ribs I cooked were awful, mostly all gristle and bone. Yours look a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love lamb, but I've not been a big fan of the ribs. If I still have any in the freeze, I may try your method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star anise is one of my favorite spices. I bet it went well with the lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had lamb spare ribs but now I want them more than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers