Tuesday 7 August 2018

Meatloaf cooked in Bell Peppers – Retro Fun


Carole's Chatter: Meatloaf cooked in Bell Peppers – Retro Fun


For some reason I thought it would be fun to do meatloaf by cooking it inside capsicums (you might know them as bell peppers).  And it actually worked out quite well.

The meatloaf filling was made with equal quantities of lamb mince, chicken mince and pork sausage meat.  To that meat I added some softened onion, garlic and chilli.  For other seasoning I added a splash of Lea & Perrins sauce, and, of course salt and pepper.

I had some leftover paneer cheese which I cut up into cubes and included in the mixture.  After all these has cooked up a bit I let it cool and then mixed through some chopped spring onion (scallion) and then spooned it into the capsicum, put a bit of grated cheese on top and then cooked it in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers