Tuesday 10 July 2018

Savoury Watermelon Salad


Carole's Chatter: Savoury Watermelon salad Revisited


Today's revisited dish is a Savoury Watermelon Salad.  You might think the mixture of watermelon, tomato, chilli and red onion a bit weird but it was really good.

So just toss together your chopped up watermelon (deseeded if you can), sliced red onion, chopped fresh ripe tomato (I deseeded the tomato as well but left the skin on).  I also added ½ a red chili sliced up into little slivers or batons.

The dressing was a grind of black pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar.  I used a good balsamic and it was very nice – if I had had a white balsamic vinegar on hand I would have used that since you would keep the vivid colour of the melon better.

I put a few sliced tops of a spring onion (green onion or scallion) on the top for garnish.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely the strangest combination I've ever seen. However, I've been seeing watermelon being mixed into lots of salads- I'll take your word for it and might give it a try- It does look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love watermelon in savory salads. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks refreshing and tasty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for summer!! I'm going to have to give it a try. (I was out of town so I'm late to respond.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers