Monday 23 July 2018

Money For Nothing – Dire Straits




Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the MTV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and chicks for free
Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb
We got to install microwave ovens custom kitchen deliveries
We got to move these refrigerators we gotta move these color TV's

I went through a major Dire Straits phase years ago.  I still have the Brothers in Arms album stored away (and now vinyl is in again).  Did you know that the band was British?

Depending on my mood I either played Why worry (sad) or in my more upbeat moments Money For Nothing

Mark Knopfler wrote the lyrics.  I think he is a great songwriter and was also fond of his solo album Shangri-La.  What really attracted me to the song was the beat rather than the lyrics themselves.  Did you know that Sting did some of the background vocals?


I'm not such a big fan of Mark Knopfler's style (headbands etc)  but he sure can play that giii-taar!  And his voice suits the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers