Sunday 27 May 2018

Smoked Salmon with Poached Eggs (Using Silicone Pockets)


Carole's Chatter: Smoked Salmon w Poached Eggs Using Silicone Pockets


I have experimented with poaching eggs in a number of ways.  See my posts here, here, here and here.  This time I bought some silicone pockets to try out.  It’s the first time I've used silicone and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

The result was perfectly cooked poached eggs and good taste – but a strange shape.

I just oiled each pocket lightly and then slid the egg as gently as I could into it.  Then lower it into water just coming to the boil.  The pocket will float.

Carole's Chatter: Poached Eggs Using Silicone Pockets

You do need to put a lid on the pot because otherwise the egg will take forever to poach.  Luckily I had a glass pot lid so I could see what was going on.

The eggs turned out reasonably easily.  I'll be doing this again.

Do you use silicone molds in your cooking?

6 comments:

  1. salmon and eggs are a wonderful match and the silicon pockets seem to create a perfect meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have silicon ice cube trays, but no other molds. Using the molds looks easier than slipping the eggs into water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen them and been curious about them, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole, I sadly avoid poached eggs as I am rubbish at making them. I think I should perhaps invest in some of these silicones moulds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a silicon pocket like this but I want one. Love poached eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much.Good article and very knowledgeable.








    บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers