Tuesday 1 May 2018

Salt Potatoes – A Reminder


Carole's Chatter: Salt Potatoes - A Reminder


I had never heard of Salt Potatoes before seeing a reference to them by BookChickDi (one of my co-participants in the wonderful link up by Beth Fish Reads called Weekend Cooking).

After doing a bit of research I found that these potatoes are a speciality of Syracuse, New York.  They were simple to cook.  I used small ordinary boiling potatoes – next time I'll wait for the tiny new potatoes.

To cook Salt Potatoes all that is different from normal boiling is that you use 1 part salt to every 6 parts of water – that's a whole lot of salt.

The potatoes weren't over salty and tasted good served with lashings of melted butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers