Monday 5 March 2018

To Love Somebody by the Bee Gees





There's a light, a certain kind of light
That never shone on me
I want my life to be
Lived with you, lived with you
There's a way, everybody say
To do each and every little thing
But what does it bring
If I ain't got you, ain't got you
Baby, you don't know what it's like
Baby, you don't know what it's like
To love somebody
To love somebody
The way I love you

In my opinion the early music of the Bee Gees is much better than the disco era stuff.  But I'm sure many will disagree.

To Love Somebody came out in 1967.  The song was written by the Gibb brothers but not originally for themselves – for Otis Redding.  The Bee Gees did record it but it wasn't a hit.  A shame because it is a great song.

The song has been covered by many artists including Janis Joplin and Nina Simone.

To judge the Bee Gees version for yourself, head on over to this YouTube clip.

1 comment:

  1. the song to love somebody was a hit in the USA, as was the song about the lights out in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers