Monday 29 January 2018

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me – The Iconic Dusty Springfield




 
You don't have to say you love me just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever I will understand
Believe me, believe me I can't help but love you
But believe me I'll never tie you down

Dusty discovered this song herself at an Italian music festival with the same tune but completely different Italian words.  She asked an English lyricist to make up some English lyrics and so that is when this powerful song really came to be.

When Dusty recorded this she ended up doing part of it in a stairwell to achieve the sound she wanted.  No extreme digital manipulation in those days – it was 1966.

I've always loved this song.  To listen to the incomparable Dusty Springfield singing this great song – just click on this YouTube link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers