Sunday 17 December 2017

Fried Egg in Bread – Good But Not Perfect





You may remember my last fried egg experiment – eggs put into pepper rings to hold their shape while frying.  This was inspired by one of the comments.

I cut a hole out of a slice of bread and then put it into a frying pan with some oil/butter and cracked the egg into the middle of the bread.


This very successfully contained the egg so that was good.  But… the egg took a lot longer to get to my desired stage of hardness (just).

Don't worry, I didn't waste the bread I cut out – I fried it up as well as a little naughty cook's treat.

2 comments:

  1. We love egg in a hole! My son made it while he was away in the Army to remind him of home. I also fry up that bread cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite breakfasts...did you put a lid over the egg? Sometimes that helps to cook it faster!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers