Sunday 5 November 2017

Fisherman's Pie

Carole's Chatter: Fisherman's Pie


First, a wee warning.  While this turned out to be absolutely delicious, it did involve quite a bit of time and effort.

Ingredients:

Smoked Fish (chunks)
Salmon (fresh, chopped roughly)
Leek
½ cauliflower (cut into small florets)
Butter
Kumara (sweet potatoes)/Potatoes
Cream (1/2 a small bottle)
Dijon mustard
Grated cheese
Small block of feta (crumbled)
Zest and juice of a lemon
Salt and pepper

Method:

Slice the leek and cook gently in butter until the leek is soft – about 10 minutes

Cook your potatoes and kumara until they are just done.  Mash with salt and pepper and butter (as much as you dare)

Transfer the leek into your pie dish.  Add cream, feta and mustard and stir gently.  Add the fish, lemon juice, zest and the cauliflower cut into small florets.  Stir so everything is coated.

Put the mash onto the top of the fish  and sprinkle it with grated cheese.

Cook in a moderate oven (180o  C or 350 oF) for 45 minutes – the top should be golden and everything should be bubbling.

Carole's Chatter: Fisherman's Pie
Serve with a nice salad.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I think I'll come over to your house for dinner tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a recipe like this before, but it looks really good. I like all the ingredients that go into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds terrific, especially since just this morning a fisherman friend sent over some mahimahi he caught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fisherman's pie--it looks delicious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of fish, but I would try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had shepard's pie but never fisherman's pie. I think I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers