Sunday 19 November 2017

Chicken Omelette



Carole's Chatter: Chicken Omelette


For some reason I have never even thought about putting chicken in a omelette  before.  For some reason it feels a bit weird – is it something to do with eggs and chickens?

But it turned out awesome.

Ingredients:

5 eggs
C 3 tblsps of cream
Pepper
Leftover chicken (chopped finely)
Tomato – diced
Salt
Handful of grated cheese
Butter/oil
Green herb for garnish (optional)

Method:

Whisk the eggs, cream and pepper and then put into a frypan (having put in a bit of oil/butter first).  Don't add salt at this stage – I find it toughens eggs.

Heat the cooked chicken and tomato in separate pot (or in the microwave).

Carole's Chatter: Chicken Omelette

When the egg mixture is starting to set a bit add the chicken and tomato on top and season with salt.

Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese on top.

Fold over and slide onto a plate.  I find it easier to make 1 big omelette and halve it rather than 2 separate ones – which never turn out the same.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby loves omelettes...but the eggs and chicken combination never occurred to me...though you would think it would!! Maybe I was wondering what came first....
    Have a great weekend
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of that either, but it sure looks good. We eat lots of eggs here and I can always use another suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent use for a bit of left-over chicken. Chicken and eggs, a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you found a use for the chicken. This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I never thought of adding something like chicken to an omelette. Of course I am a vegetarian and that probably explains it. Omelettes are so versatile that I think just about any food would taste good in one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers