Monday 20 November 2017

Bennie & The Jets – Elton John





        She's got electric boots, a mohair suit

I remember one night very late many years ago watching a live Elton John concert in Australia on TV – re-reading that, it's a bit garbled.  To be clear I was at home, Elton was in Australia and it was late because we are 2 hours ahead of Australia.

Anyway, I saw Elton do Bennie & the Jets – and if I recall he played the piano at times upside down lying on the floor.  What a showman!  And he was wearing a wig that made him look like Mozart.

This number made it to Number 1 in the R&B charts – and I didn't even know that it was R&B.

To hear/see this again, you could hop on over to this YouTube clip.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers