Monday 7 August 2017

Bye Bye Love – The Everly Brothers





Bye bye love
Bye bye happiness
Hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry-y
Bye bye love
Bye bye sweet caress
Hello emptiness
I feel like I could die
Bye bye my love goodbye

There goes my baby with-a someone new
She sure looks happy, I sure am blue
She was my baby till he stepped in
Goodbye to romance that might have been


The fact that Bye Bye Love made it to being a hit was due to the persistence of its songwriters – a husband and wife team (Felice and Boudleaux Bryant) – they submitted the song at least 30 times before it got accepted in 1957.

The song was an early example of a crossover song – it did well on pop and country charts.

If you didn't know the song and just looked at the lyrics you'd think the song was a real downer.  But in fact it is bubbly and upbeat.  To remind yourself head on over to this YouTube clip.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, look at those hairstyles! I remember them and their music,

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers