Sunday 14 May 2017

Brussel Sprouts



Carole's Chatter: Brussel Sprouts


Brussel Sprouts are, of course, good for you … but a challenge to make interesting.  I've tried quite a few approaches and am sharing another one with you now.

It was pretty successful – although relying on chorizo and chilli to add flavour seems to be a bit sneaky!

Ingredients:
Brussel Sprouts
¼ a chorizo
Chilli oil
Sesame oil
Salt and pepper

Method:

Halve each sprout, cutting through the cut end.
Boil the sprouts for 3 minutes – they'll be part cooked.  Drain them and let them dry a bit.

Chop up the chorizo and fry it off in the chilli oil – if you are using sesame oil just use a tiny splash – it is strong stuff.

Add the sprouts to the pan and fry them cut side down until they've got a bit of colour – but the tops of the sprouts remain vibrantly green.

Serve with some salt and pepper if you think it needs it – I added both but we are seasoning fiends.

10 comments:

  1. You seem to have done enough to hide the real true brussels sprout flavor! Though there are those who like it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for ways to make them more interesting - Bob loves his Brussels sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Brussels sprouts --- they say fall to me. This sounds so good, and I know my husband would love the addition of chorizo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good way to try them. My husband hates them. Recently I read about shredding them to add to a casserole or stir fry. I will try your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually happen to really like Brussel Sprouts.... with Chorizo though it must be really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went out to dinner for Mother's Day and the waitress tried to sell us on brussel sprouts but there were no takers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a recipe similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it would matter what I added to the brussel sprouts, no one would eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea to season with chorizo, sesame oil and chili oil. I love Brussels sprouts, and usually roast them or fry them with bacon bits.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers