Sunday 12 March 2017

Symphony in Red & Green – A Simple Composed Salad

Carole's Chatter: A Symphony in Red & Green - A simple composed salad

                     
Sorry about the rather pretentious name – Symphony in Red & Green!  But I was rather pleased by how this simple composed salad turned out.  I am a firm believer that food that is pretty tastes better.

So this was so simple there really isn't a recipe – just red and green salad vegetables laid out on a plate with salt and pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.

As you can tell from the photo, there were cucumber slices round the outside and inside the plate, then a row of cherry tomatoes, then red bell pepper (capsicum) and finally a whole avocado roughly scooped into the middle with red chilli slices on top.

3 comments:

  1. This salad looks amazing and I think that your name is perfect for it! Avocado is one of my favourite things to add to salad. I will have to try this myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an artist! Lovely salad -- I agree that presentation makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love composed salads.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers