Wednesday 15 February 2017

My (Part-Time) Paris Life by Lisa Anselmo



I enjoyed My (Part-Time) Paris Life.  The things I liked included:

·         The setting is in Paris – a fabulous city

·         But it isn't just about the well known areas – it feels authentic.

·         Part of the time the author spends in a little apartment on the Ile de la Cite – it took me right back to when I stayed there once

·         The book isn't sugar coated – you feel the alienation and stress of shifting countries and languages – even when you want to

·         The book also is very wise about the impact of death in the family and how it can be very different for different family members

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would enjoy. I'll check it out at our library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything to do with Paris is my cup of tea! I'd love to find this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers