Monday 16 January 2017

Red Red Wine



Red, red wine
Go to my head
Make me forget that I
Still need her so

Red, red wine
It's up to you
All I can do, I've done
But memories won't go
No, memories won't go

I'd have sworn that with time
Thoughts of you would leave my head
I was wrong, and I find
Just one thing makes me forget

Red, red wine
Stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart
My blue, blue heart

UB40 had a big hit with this Neil Diamond song.  It was different from their usual stuff and certainly gave me a different impression of the group.

Neil Diamond wrote this song in 1967 – an amazing 50 years ago.  It's a song I remember singing at the top of our voices on car trips.  Even though I've never been a red wine girl…

Head over to this YouTube clip of the UB40 version. Or for a Neil Diamond version – this clip.  Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I did not know this was a Neil Diamond song! After giving his version a listen, I do prefer UB40, although that is what I have known forever.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers