Monday 24 October 2016

Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones



I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no

When I'm drivin' in my car
And that man comes on the radio
And he's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination

I can't get no, oh no no no
Hey hey hey, that's what I say
I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no

Before talking about this fantastic song, I have a confession to make.  When I was young and the Stones were first popular I actively disliked the group – especially Mick Jagger who I thought was horrible looking (mainly on account of those lips) – ah, the arrogance of the young…

Back then if you would have told me that over 50 years later the group would still be hugely popular, and alive and touring, I would not have believed it for a minute!

Now I appreciate the music and also am grateful to these guys for seeming to prove that you can live less than healthily and still keep on keeping on.

Satisfaction or rather Can't Get No was written by Keith Richards and Mick Jagger. It expresses Jagger's frustration with the materialistic world.  All this in 1965.  I wonder what he thinks about the world now.  If 1965 was materialistic what on earth are we now?

To see a very young Jagger sing this – head on over to this YouTube clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers