Sunday 31 July 2016

I did it – I cooked a cake!

Carole's Chatter: Banana Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting


When I did Need Some Inspiration – Try Cakes I promised to cook one of the ones I featured.  I chose this Banana Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting from Cooking with Carlee – so a big thank you to Carlee.

I don't think my cake turned out as well as Carlee's but then I haven't cooked one for over 10 years and don't have a mixer or food processor so I felt I did well enough.  To see Carlee's recipe hop on over to her post.

I followed the recipe as closely as I could but must have got the quantities in the frosting wrong (we call it icing) because it didn't set hard.  The only change I made is that I put pink Himalayan salt on the top at the finish rather than white sea salt.

So my cake was bananey, and the icing was super but messy to eat.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! It looks great! Your frosting does look a bit different than mine, but does look scrumptious anyway. Messy frosting is some of the best frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Carole! I don't bake cakes very often either, but this one does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messy icing or no, that looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana and caramel cream frosting sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "salted caramel" ... I will definitely try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the banana cake-salted caramel frosting pairing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers