Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled by Ruby Wax



First, I must say that A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled is not perfect – but it deals with Mindfulness in a way that I had never come across before.  There's a bit much scientific mumbo jumbo for me but other than that Ruby's voice and humour comes across quite pitch perfect.

I felt quite empowered by the book – and motivated to give mindfulness a bit of a go.  This is not about smelling the roses and censoring your thoughts.  It's more about becoming aware of your thoughts and feelings and being able to observe them independently from them.  I'm not explaining this well so I suggest you get the book from the library and see for yourself.

Ruby Wax has suffered from depression during her life but after her studies in mindfulness she found that when depression struck she managed it better and it didn't last as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers