Tuesday 8 March 2016

Slightly More Authentic Bok Choy

Carole's Chatter: Slightly More Authentic Bok Choy


I quite often cook bok choy – but up to now haven't found a way that felt more authentically Chinese.

I prepared the bok choy by cutting off the stalks and chopping them reasonably finely.  That way they'll cook in the same time as the leaves.

I fried the bok choy is a mix of vegetable oil/sesame oil/chilli oil for no more than 3 or 4 minutes.  Then splash on some fish sauce and Chinese cooking wine and it's done.

Simple and quite delicious.


1 comment:

  1. I cook mine with seasame oil as well, I like to leave it a bit crunchy so it has a nice texture to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers