Wednesday 10 February 2016

Slow Fires by Justin Smillie



As you know I'm not big on most cookbooks.  But Slow Fires by Justin Smillie is certainly worth getting out of the library.  Its point of difference is that it deals in real detail with the techniques of braising, roasting and grilling.

Not only that, but it also has lots of recipes which involve those techniques together with interesting side dishes.

Some of the recipes I have kept include his Pork Shanks with Late-Season Tomatoes and Polenta, Olive-Oil Preserved Tuna Belly, Foil Roasted Beets and Carrots and Olive Oil Marinated Blue Cheese. I'll be trying these as soon as I can work up the energy.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a stunning cookbook to have in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cookbooks that teach as well as giving recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a cookbook nut so if this got your attention when you don't even like cookbooks then it certainly has mine!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers