Wednesday 12 August 2015

New Zealand Art From Cook to Contemporary


I happened across this neat book when I was hanging out in the library due to the broadband at home going haywire – and right behind where I was sitting was this book.  It was clearly serendipity at work.

The book was published in 2010 by New Zealand's national museum Te Papa (which controversially to some is situated in Wellington).  The book is all about some of the artworks held by the museum.  It was written by a number of contributors and is not as unintelligible as many art books.

I will be sharing a few of the works with you in future art posts.  The work on the cover is called Country Church by Bill Sutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers