Sunday 14 June 2015

Salad with leftover lamb

Carole's Chatter: Salad with leftover lamb


Salads are great but you do need to get a bit of variety going.  With some leftover roast lamb and roasted potato sliced up, I created a salad which turned out to be very tasty.

On a large platter, I put a layer of iceberg lettuce then a few slices of tomato, cucumber, yellow capsicum and onion.  Some sliced gherkin.  Then a few croutons I had on hand.

I drizzled some sauces from my pantry on top – caramelised onion, roasted capsicum and sweet chilli sauce.  Along with some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. 

8 comments:

  1. Yum! Now I'm craving a fresh salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my favorite part of summer is making salads with whatever is left from that week's farmer's market shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds easy and delicious!

    Happy cooking
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm.... Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks sooo delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lamb & that salad looks great. Pity I don't live closer , I would beg an invitation to lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My idea of salad has expanded greatly over the past several years and I've started putting more and more on a salad! Good idea to drizzle sauces over it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never put lamb in a salad before, what a great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers