Monday 16 March 2015

Nostalgia alert!

The Good Life


Okay, this one dates me for sure but I just loved the British comedy The Good Life starring Tom Good (Richard Briers) and his wife Barbara (Felicity Kendal)– they had fabulous comedic timing and then there was the next door neighbour Margot Leadbetter (Penelope Keith of To The Manor Born fame).

Sadly Richard Briers is no longer with us but Felicity Kendal and Dame Penelope are still with us.

I have chosen one little short YouTube clip for you.

If you get a chance to see this lovely series from the 70's, my advice is to go for it.

2 comments:

  1. We folks in the Canadian province of Manitoba loved watching 'The Good Life' (and many other British comedies) on the American PBS channel.
    They still run a few British series on Saturday nights.
    What a wide fan base the comedy shows have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the US it was called Good Neighbors, but I loved watching it. And in fact, will watch it over and over every time it comes on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers