Saturday 14 March 2015

Bridge to Nowhere on the banks of the Loire River



Today's travel post is about one of those unexpected delights that can occur when travelling.  We were driving along the banks of the Loire River when suddenly we saw a large structure which came to a dead end just before the river.  My better half said the structure was so heavy it might have been a railway bridge. 


I wasn't able to find out anything about it.  It is not far from Vineuil.


The top pic is a screenshot off Google Maps.  The other pictures were taken by me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carole, you piqued my interest so I had a quick look. If you google (on google.fr) "viaduc Vineuil", you'll find some hits - the best one is a climbers' site (http://clubalpindublaisois.ffcam.fr/site_escalade.html) which says it's 8m high and is an old railway viaduc used for training

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers