Monday 19 January 2015

Otis Redding – Dock of the Bay



Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again, yeah

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away, ooh
I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay was recorded by the wonderful Otis Redding just days before his tragic death in a plane crash at the age of 26.  It was released after his death and became a big hit posthumously.

Another artist gone much too soon.

Hop over here to a YouTube clip of this great song.

1 comment:

  1. Love him and that famous song. Now you got me singing all day!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers