Monday 5 January 2015

Nostalgia alert!

The Thunderbirds



Did you know that a new version of the TV series The Thunderbirds has been made!  I do hope it's as good as the original.  This new version was made by Weta Workshops in New Zealand (also of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fame).

It is supposed to go to air this year in the UK.

But it will be hard to beat the original.  This was a British series which initially aired in 1965 – 50 whole years ago!



My favourite characters were Lady Penelope and her chauffeur Parker.  The puppets were just so fabulous – and the special effects were pretty amazing for the time too.

For a blast from the past head over to this YouTube clip (1 min 30)

2 comments:

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you - my husband will be pleased he can watch with the kids - he loved that show! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers