Monday 19 January 2015

Nostalgia alert!

Beef Wellington

 
As a youngster I aspired to producing a Beef Wellington for a dinner party – fortunately I recognised my limitations and didn't risk it.  Beef Wellington was the dinner party dish of the 70's.  And apparently it's becoming trendy again.  But I always say if you were around when something was first trendy you don't revisit it yourself when it comes back – particularly in clothes!

There is even a New Zealand connection – according to Clarissa Dickson Wright (of Two Fat Ladies fame), the dish was not named after the Duke of Wellington but was invented for a civic reception in Wellington, the capital of New Zealand – I wonder if that is true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers