Wednesday 26 November 2014

Beautiful Day by Kate Anthony



Beautiful Day is chick lit I suppose – but I loved it!  Right from the very beginning to the very end.  It was warm and engaging.  Even though some tough issues were dealt with (the effects of divorce on children, caring for disabled people), it was never over the top.

On the copy I got from the library a quote was on the cover saying "Heart-wrenching and compulsive".  I don't think that "heart-wrenching" quite fits the bill.  Because underneath it all is a warm humanity.  The book was a real page turner for me.

You don't realise where the title for the book comes from until the very end.  And the cover is beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers