Monday 24 November 2014

Nostalgia Alert!

My Friend Flicka
 


This book is very nostalgic for me.  I read it young and just loved it.  Now that I've remembered it again, I've ordered it up from the library and will re-read it.

My Friend Flicka was published in 1941.  It's a story about a boy and a horse.

A movie and TV series was made but I don't ever remember seeing them.

This is how the book starts:
"High up on the long hill they called the Saddle Back, behind the ranch and the county road, the boy sat his horse, facing east, his eyes dazzled by the rising sun."

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book passionately! I still have mine! I watched the TV show I think...unless I am imagining it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers