Wednesday 22 October 2014

Top Secret Twenty-One by the one and only Janet Evanovich


You know I am a Janet Evanovich fan so it should come as no surprise that I opened her latest in the Stephanie Plum series Top Secret Twenty-One and fully expected to be entertained.

And I wasn't disappointed.  I don't know how she has managed to keep it interesting with the same basic cast of characters over 21+ books!

It was like jumping into a soothing bath – all warm and cuddly.

Stephanie's relationships are gradually developing through the series and that is interesting.  There is still no explicit sex although there are explosions and other violent events – but they're dealt with in a humorous way – now that's a talent – making an explosion humorous.

The ending seemed a little sudden to me. 

One teensy weensy moan – it was unfortunate that the last 30 pages or so were taken up by a teaser for a short story – maybe that's why I thought the ending was sudden – it looked like there was another chapter or so of pages to go and then it just ended.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up on this series about two books ago, because I felt the characters hadn't grown at all. There were still just as inept as they were in the first book and I had lost patience with them. So it's interesting to see that you observe Stephanie's relationships "gradually developing through the series." Maybe I gave up on her too soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers