Wednesday 15 October 2014

Nostalgia Alert!


Are You Being Served?

I don't know how many of you will remember or have seen the old British comedy series Are You Being Served?   If you don't know it and want to see some classic laugh out loud (and somewhat silly) TV – this is the one for you.  It is set in a department store, Grace Brothers.

I have chosen a short YouTube clip for you to take you back in time to the late 50's/early 60's.  There were 10 seasons of it – and it is Absolutely Fabulous!

4 comments:

  1. I love this show! My gran and I used to watch re-runs. In the US they play them every Friday night on a PBS. Now I can watch them on Amazon Prime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, this brings back memories! The show was on our local PBS station on Saturday nights for years when our kids were growing up and we always watched it together. Both of my girls are big fans and they still watch it whenever they get the chance. They can also quote many of the episodes, word for word. Same for Monty Python's Flying Circus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole,

    Thank you so much for featuring my curry, I really hope your readers enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This used to show on the PBS station here. We got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers