Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fish – Danish style


Fish – Danish style by Carole's Chatter

I got the idea for this Danish style dish off a programme on Food TY - Tareq Taylor's Nordic Cookery.
Of course, I didn't replicate his dish exactly – but it was pretty close.
Fish – Danish style by Carole's Chatter
 
You cut your white fish up into serving sized portions (I used snapper) and then dip it into a mix of egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of mustard – I used one Hot English and one Dijon.  (Next time I'd be tempted to go for all Hot)
You then coat the egged fish in chickpea flour – Tareq recommended rye flour but I didn't have any.
Then you just sauté your fish as usual in a mix of oil and butter being careful not to overcook it.  I was pleased that the fish wasn't overcooked but still had a nice colour.  The mustard flavour was actually very subtle.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Always on the lookout for fish recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great Fish recipe that we will really enjoy! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers