Sunday 15 June 2014

Baked Onions


Baked onions by Carole's Chatter


I'm not sure why I've never experimented with baking onions before.  All I did was peel them and then season them with pepper, garlic salt, dried sage and dried chilli.  I also studded 2-3 cloves into each onion.  As you can see I did one brown onion and one red one.
I then poured a little balsamic vinegar  over them and added some water to the bottom of the dish so it wouldn't dry out.
They were baked at a moderate heat until they were tender.  I covered them with foil when they started to change colour.
All in all, a success.

8 comments:

  1. I've had baked onions but I haven't made them either! Thanks for the récipe!
    Happy FD.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried something like this, but I'll bet it makes a tasty vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never baked a whole onion before - although I've done a quarter with salmon and orange. Your spice combination sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried onions as a side dish like this either. Glad to see it worked well for you. I bet these would be great with grilled steak or chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roasted onions are sooooo good. I've never tried baking them this way, though. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - I've never thought about roasting onions. I don't know why as my husband and I both love onions. I am going to make these and surprise my husband. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great inspiration here. I'm not a huge onion fan, but I do on occasion enjoy a baked onion in with a roast dinner. I've never really thought to try some different flavourings with them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers