Saturday 14 September 2013

New York


I was lucky enough to spend 3 weeks in New York a few years ago.  It would be super to go back and see how it has changed.

The things I liked about the Big Apple included:

Central Park New York


Central Park – of course

Going out to Long Island for a girly weekend (but the traffic jam coming back was amazing – and not in a good way)

Reuben Sandwich New York


Reuben sandwich in a kosher deli (no one told me one sandwich would be enough for several people!)

Ferry and Statue of Liberty New York


Going on a ferry round the Statue of Liberty – it may be corny but boy it was spectacular!

5th Avenue New York


Shopping on 5th Avenue!

don't even think of parking here - New York


Their parking signs 

Picasso goat MOMA New York


Going to MOMA – and while eating lunch in the cafĂ© realising that the little goat figure on the grass was a Picasso!

Things that I found a bit odd were:

Taxi drivers that wouldn't take you right to the building you wanted to go to but insisted on letting you off at a cross street even when you are alone and it's late at night!

Getting knocked over in broad daylight by someone running fast and absolutely no one stopping to help – I was even stepped over.  This was on 6th avenue.  It wasn't a dodgy area or anything.

The noise at night – sure is the city that never sleeps!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. living close to New york, i go often - i do not think i would want to live there, but there are many, many wonderful ( and not so wonderful things ) in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to NYC for the first time next week and so excited! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Newyorker, it's my hometown and yes, there's nothing like The Big Apple for me, I adore it! Thank you so much for this great post, maybe you'll go again. I do go over there as I have lots of family living there yet....so lucky!
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York is my favorite city. I was born here and lived here my whole life with one 4 year exception and I still can't get over how good a Reuben sandwich is. Your photographs are such nice compliments to NYC.

    Taxis are not allowed to drop you off where they chose, if it happens take down the name and number (it must be displayed so you can see it) of the driver and report them to the TLC. And I can't believe no one helped when you were knocked down. That is unusual and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the traffic signs!! I have never seen any like that before. I would love to visit there someday for the food, but not sure if that trip will happen. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've reminded me how much I love New York - it's a while since I've been, I must plan to go back.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers