Tuesday 30 July 2013

Prawn Stir Fry with Bok Choy

Prawn Stir Fry with Bok Choy on Carole's Chatter

I bought a few prawns – no fresh ones were available so they were frozen.  But they were a good size.  My philosophy with things like prawns is to do them pretty simply and let them speak for themselves.

I prepared some garlic, ginger and fresh turmeric by microplaning it.  Be careful if you are using fresh turmeric because it will stain anything it comes into contact with.  I used disposable gloves.  In addition, I chopped ½ a red onion and the white part of a spring onion (scallion).

I fried that off and then added the prawns and right at the end (1 minute only) the green leaves of bok choy.  (I didn't use the stalk parts this time – if you do, you should slice them and cook them for a bit longer).

Finally I served it with rice on the side and garnished it with a finely sliced red chilli, the green tops of the spring onion and some lovely feathery dill.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I love shrimp (prawns) and since we are not close to the ocean, always buy them frozen but raw. I prefer them done simply, like you. Usually just sauteed with a little garlic and sometimes I sprinkle them with five spice prior to cooking. They go best with rice, or sometimes tossed into a pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat a lot of shrimp and I'm always looking for new ways to cook them. I think ginger goes so well with shrimp. Great colors in your dish, Carole! Thank you for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Anything with shrimp is good with me! sounds delish! Saw you over at Melt in your Month Monday and had to stop over!

    Would love for you to come over and link up to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape! We're live right now ;) http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/08/super-sunday-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers