Sunday 24 March 2013

Quick pasta lunch (using leftover lasagne sheet)


Quick pasta lunch using left over lasagne sheet by Carole's Chatter


Sometimes I want a hot lunch but a really quick one.  This time I had a leftover fresh sheet of lasagne and so I decided to use that for a quick pasta lunch.  I cut it in half and then into strips so they were like a shortish fettuccine.

Carole's Chatter

I cooked them in boiling well salted water until they were al dente – only about 4-5 minutes.

Carole's Chatter

After draining the pasta, I put into the pot some thin ham slices cut into strips, a wedge of capsicum chopped, some chilli powder, a spoonful of hot chilli jam and salt and pepper.  I let it warm through just a little.

After taking it off the heat I stirred in a beaten egg and a little crème fraiche.  Don't put the egg in while it is on the heat – it will scramble.  If you put it in at the right temperature you will end up with a silky little sauce – don't worry the egg will be cooked.


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of lasange sheets! super pasta dish :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for using up a leftover lasagne sheet! And this sounds so quick and easy -- definitely my kind of recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like a lovely little lunch! Egg and ham and a bit of spice - sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of combining the chili jam with egg for a sauce. Great idea for a quick and tasty lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe..the egg, the crime fraiche sold me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect lunch! Excellent idea for a leftover lasagna sheet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea, I enjoy your inventive ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great idea for those leftover sheets. I never make fresh lasagne sheets, way too lazy for that...:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love inventive dishes -- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the recipe! Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe on Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party. Hope you come back and party with us again next week!

    Kelly {Adorned Well}
    co-host of Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  12. The finished product looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks so delicious! YUM! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter.
    hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers