Tuesday 26 February 2013

First Crockpot success


First crockpot success on Carole's Chatter


I told you how my first effort at crockpot cooking wasn't very successful.  Well this dish was my first success at slow cooking.

I put pork ribs into the slow cooker together with lashings of my home made orange marmalade, garlic, some cranberry, orange and port sauce (store bought), some onion marmalade, some hot chilli jam, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce.

I cooked it on low for 6 hours and the meat was extremely tender and flavourful.  My only issue with the dish was that I felt it didn't look quite browned enough.  Next time I would finish it with 15 minutes in a hot oven to fix that.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, and I love the dish you have them on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!! You can always brown it in a pan before you put it in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful and sounds yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first of many more sucesses!
    i see you put a good amount of liquid (the sauce) and that is the secret. Crock pots do not brown and i often brown the meats in an oven after!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers