Thursday 1 November 2012

Pork steak with savoury/sweet onion and chorizo sauce



Pork steak with savoury/sweet onion and chorizo sauce
Finally I have found a way of cooking pork steak that doesn't come out too dry.  I sear it quickly on each side so it is nicely coloured up – then pop it into a moderate oven, covered with foil for 15-20 minutes.

For this one I did a savoury/sweet onion and chorizo sauce.  I sautéed the sliced onions in olive oil till tender and then added finely chopped ½ chorizo in a mixture of maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce.

When the sauce had cooked down to a gluggy texture, I poured it over the pork steak and it was ready to serve.  Simple but scrummy. 



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing - gorgeous sounding combination of ingredients!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely delicious! It looks like something the hubs will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm~ looks delicious and it makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tend to shy away from pork steaks for the reasons you mention and also found your method independantly and it does work - I tend to go a bit more German - cooking apples with my onions, but i like the idea of a chorizo sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, this looks like a very tasty dish that we would just love. Have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole,
    This looks scrumptious! I love pork and am always looking for new ways to cook it. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried pork steaks like this! Love the sauce you made for them. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers