Saturday 27 October 2012

Are you "roaring" today?



“I am Woman, hear me roar” 

Helen Reddy was an Australian singer who had never wrote a song until she came up with this stirring anthem.  She did the lyrics and then asked a friend in another band to write the music.   It is ironic that it was a man who later complained that she never gave him the credit he was due. 

She was often referred to as the Queen of 70's pop.

Other Reddy hits included Delta Dawn and Ruby Red Dress.

Helen Reddy retired from live performance in 2002 and Wikipedia says she now practises as a clinical hypnotherapist and motivational speaker.  That's some change of career direction!


I thought you might enjoy this cartoon based on the lyrics in the song

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I loved that song back in the day. Wondered what happened to her. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers